20 Oct 5 Events You Have to Check Out in Ottawa this Month!
We’re back this week with more community events that you and your family are sure to love right here in Ottawa.
From photo exhibits to films, book drop offs to an early Halloween party, there’s something for everyone this month in our beautiful city!
Check Out These Events With Your Family in Ottawa
Photo Exhibit: Come check out Alex Bissett’s Canadian Travels photo exhibit at the Nepean Centrepointe Library. This will give you a great look of Canada from coast to coast with gorgeous pictures taken from various forms of transportation, including rail and ferry.
- When: 6:30 to 8:15 p.m. on Oct. 22
- Where: Nepean Centrepointe Library, 101 Centrepointe Drive
- Admission: Free with a valid Ottawa Public Library card.
- More Info: Call 613-580-2710 or visit www.biblioottawalibrary.ca
More Travel Photos: Return to the library on Oct. 23 to see another exhibit by Carole Gobeil about the Canadian Arctic. She has just returned from her second expedition cruise out of the historic Northwest Passage and she is ready to share her photos with you!
- When: 7 to 8 p.m. on Oct. 23
- Where: Nepean Centrepointe Branch
- Admission: Free with a valid Ottawa Public Library Card
- More Info: Call 613-580-2710
Film Festival: Come check out the Embassy of Japan’s annual Japanese Film Festival, which will feature three exciting new films from Japan: Until the Break of Dawn (Oct. 24), God of Ramen (Oct. 25) and Akko-chan: The Movie (Nov. 14). It is sure to be a memorable experience.
- When: 6:30 to 9 p.m., starting on Oct. 24
- Where: Carleton University, River Building in Room 2200
- Admission: Free
- More Information: Visit http://www.ca.emb-japan.go.jp/2014_shared_images/Event%20Posters/Film_Festival_2014.pdf
Book Drop Off: Come support a good cause and have fun with your family in the process! During the FCEF Used Book Drop, residents are encouraged to donate used books, although magazines, textbooks and encyclopedias are not accepted.
- When: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Oct. 25
- Where: Bldg 72 CEF Arboretum, east off Prince of Wales roundabout
- Admission: Free
- More Info: Call 613-230-3276 or visit friendsofthefarm.ca/events.htm#events
Halloween Party: Come to this early Halloween party at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum. Held Oct. 25 and 26, this event features a trick-or-treat scavenger hunt, fun games and even a costume parade. You can even decorate your own pumpkin and take it home with you.
- When: Oct. 25 and 26
- Where: Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
- Admission: Prices vary
- More Info: http://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/whats-on/event-a-barnyard-halloween.php
Ready to Make Ottawa Your Next Home?
If you’re interested in making this incredible city your permanent home, please make sure to contact us, Geoff and Bobbie McGowan, your dedicated real estate experts. We would love the opportunity to make your Ottawa home buying dream a reality by answering any questions you may have as well as providing you with some valuable home buying resources.
Until next time,