12 May Check Out These Family Friendly Events in Ottawa This May
To help you make the most of this time of year, we thought we would take some time today to tell you about some upcoming events in the area. We hope you enjoy!
Some Upcoming Ottawa Events Worth Checking Out
Here are some upcoming events that we thought you might enjoy here in the Ottawa area. If you end up checking one of these out, please let us know what you think of it!
Ottawa Marathon: More than 40,000 people will compete in a variety of races, including Canada’s largest marathon, during this multi-day running event.
- When: May 23 and 24
- Where: All races start and finish at Ottawa City Hall
- More Information: Call 613-234-2221 or 866-786-6882
Canadian Tulip Festival: Come marvel at this annual, world-famous festival, which focuses on Ottawa’s love of the tulip. Here you can enjoy a million tulips blooming in public areas, including some 300,000 in Commissioners Park near Dows Lake.
- When: Now through May 18
- Where: Throughout Ottawa and Gatineau
- More Information: Call 613-567-5757 / 800-66-TULIP
Ottawa International Children’s Festival: During this annual event, families can check out performing arts for young children and their families. This includes theatre, dance, arts and music.
- When: Now through May 13
- Where: LeBreton Flats in Ottawa
- More Information: Call 613-241-0999
Canadian Arts Showcase: More than 50 performers will come together for one integrated, historical narrative that showcases the roots and development of Canada’s musical heritage.
- When: May 12 to 14
- Where: Algonquin Commons Theatre, 385 Woodroffe Avenue, Ottawa, ON
- More Information: Call 613-321-2066
Date Night at Nature Nocturne: Leave the kids at home and dance until midnight as a DJ fills a castle with excellent music. During this event, you can also meet artists throughout the galleries and even check out thought-provoking exhibits.
- When: May 22
- Where: Canadian Museum of Nature, 240 McLeod Street, Ottawa
- More Information: Call 613-566-4700 or 800-263-4433
Interested in Relocating to Ottawa?
Who could blame you? Ottawa truly is a wonderful place to live –offering residents a great chance to enjoy a world class city at reasonable prices.
We would love to assist you by answering any questions you might have as well as providing you with some valuable home buying resources.
Until next time,