Tips On Choosing An Ottawa Realtor
10 Tips For Finding The Right Realtor For You
Buying real estate is one of the biggest and most important decisions of your life. Not only will it be a huge financial commitment, but potentially you are choosing the home and neighborhood you might spend the rest of your life enjoying.
The best way to make sure your big step goes smoothly is to select the right real estate agent to fit your needs. While there are many agents out there, it is critical you find someone with whom you can communicate well and who will give their all to helping you buy-or sell.
Find The Right Realtor
Not only will your real estate agent be guiding you to potential homes, they will also be assisting in guarding your legal interests when facing tough negotiations or confusing contracts, so while you want to choose someone you connect with, you also want to choose someone who is an expert in real estate. One of the best things to do? Interview more than one specialist and then compare them to see who fit your needs the best. Below you will find my tips on how to choose the right REALTOR for you.
Ottawa Real Estate Experts
Here are my tips to guide you on your home buying journey:
- Identify at least three licensed real estate professionals.
- Interview the real estate professionals you have identified. Having a conversation with the person is a good way to find out if your personalities and goals match. Ask them any and all questions you have; bring a list of your questions with you so you won’t forget anything. Most importantly-are they listening to your wants and needs?
- Find out about their marketing connections/what they will be doing to find you the right home
- Select a strong negotiator. Ask your Ottawa REALTOR whether he or she has ever been in a tough negotiation and how he or she negotiated a fair price.
- Compare interview notes. Think about each agent, and decide which one is right for you. You should choose someone aggressive, but who doesn’t make you feel anxious or pressured.
- Talk money. Usually the seller foots the bill for a real estate professional’s commission, but don’t assume this will be the case. Ask point-blank what your financial obligations are throughout the process. Your real estate agent at Ottawa-Homes.ca has the knowledge and experience to provide you with a smooth, hassle-free transaction.
- Before signing a contract, know that the term “Disclosed Dual Agent” often means that the real estate agency does not represent your interests 100 percent. Try using an agent like Ottawa-Homes.ca Buyers Agent Bobbie McGowan, to represent you.
- Buyer agency agreements are common, but be careful. What if the Realtor doesn’t follow up with you? What if you don’t get along? What if the agent doesn’t understand your needs? Remember that a buyer agency agreement is negotiable, and you can help negotiate the specific terms.
- Ask for references from your REALTOR. This shouldn’t be a big deal; it’s a last-step investigation that could confirm or reject your impression of the agent.
- Find a real estate agent who is savvy about technology. Through the online tools available to agents these days, you can expect nearly immediate e-mails about new property listings and quick replies to your queries.
Contact Geoff & Bobbie McGowan, Your Expert Ottawa Realtors
Learn more about what our team of expert realtors will do for you, and you’ll quickly see why we are the experts at home buying. Are you ready to search MLS for your dream home? Be sure to take advantage of the information, tips and free guides offered here.
Until next time,