Selling Ottawa Real Estate Tips
Last updated on May 11th, 2021 at 01:13 pm
Many Ottawa home sellers can become down-trodden during the winter-time because they think that there’s no chance they’re going to be able to sell their home.
After all, the summertime is generally the busiest time of year for housing markets around the country.
However, the home buyers who ARE navigating the market during the winter months are serious about finding a home.
And your home for sale may just be the right fit for them.
The key to optimizing your chanc of selling your home in the time you want to is staging your home for success.
Ottawa Area Properties for Sale
Here are some tips on how to stage your home to ensure that it leaves the best impression on home buyers:
- Make Minor Repairs: In order to ensure that you get the best price for your home in as little time as possible, you’re going to want to make sure your home is in pristine condition. Thus, before you start having any showings, give your home a mini-makeover. This may include fixing a leaky faucet, replacing a burnt out light bulb or repairing the crack in your bathroom tile.
- De-Clutter: There are a few reasons why you want to get rid of all the clutter in your home. First of all, too many things in a room can take the attention away from its beautiful design and layout. And since you’re selling your home and not your furniture, you want to make sure the room’s layout takes center stage. Also, less clutter makes a room look bigger. A cluttered house sends a subtle message to the buyer that you may not have taken good care of the rest of the home and that is a doubt you don’t want lingering in a home buyer’s mind.
- Organize Your Cabinets and Closets: Home sellers should do this for the same reasons they de-clutterize the home; it is also a quick fix this doesn’t necessarily require a lot of work at all. For instance, making sure that your clothes are all hanging in the same way can make a world of difference on the overall impression a buyer gets from your home. Any items that can be put in the attic-such as sleeping bags or extra blankets used only for the occasional camping trip or sleep over-will make a world of difference in showing off true storage space in your home.
- Don’t Forget to Improve Your Home’s Curb Appeal. The exterior of a home can make or break a first impression on a prospective buyer. So take the time to make sure your home’s curb appeal is in top condition. Mow the lawn, Trim the hedges, give your window shutters a fresh coat of paint, and plant some bright flowers around the mail box.
- Help Buyers Visualize Themselves Living There. Too many personal effects strewn about your home can distract buyers from visualizing themselves living there. While subtle accents like a set dining room table or a wreath hanging on the door create an inviting warm atmosphere, you want to make sure you don’t overdo it.
Selling Ottawa Homes
As an experienced Ottawa REALTOR ® I’ve seen these minor home improvements pay off significantly for Ottawa community real estate sellers.
I hope you found them helpful as well.
To learn more about the best way to navigating the Ottawa real estate market as a home seller, contact your expert Ottawa real estate agents.
We answer any questions you may have as well as offer you such real estate resources as:
- Free Market Evaluation
- Ottawa Real Estate Maximum Exposure Marketing Plan
- Getting Top Dollar for your Ottawa Home For Sale
- Ottawa Real Estate Market Resources
Until next time,