Holiday Staycation Ideas in Ottawa
Published on 23 November 2022 in Blog Ottawa byWho says you have to leave the city to have a vacation? Ottawa and its surrounding areas are full of gems to explore, whether you want a getaway on your own or with friends and family. With the holiday season around the corner, it might be tempting to pack your bags and fly to warmer climates. But there are many things to check out during the winter months that are closer to home for you to feel rejuvenated. Here are some holiday staycation ideas in Ottawa to get you started.
Tour the CityWhether you’ve lived in the Capital your whole life or recently moved, you can make a day out of exploring all it has to offer and be a tourist in your own town. If you’re stumped for ideas, here are some items you might want to add to your itinerary:
- Start the day with a stroll through ByWard Market to browse various vendors. Then, try brunch at HeadQuarters, a unique spot that combines a salon, cafe, and restaurant all in one place.
- Take in some art at the Ottawa Art Gallery, just a short walk away from your brunch spot.
- Enjoy the sights along the Rideau Canal that highlight nature’s beauty. If it’s the right temperature for skating, glide down its eight-kilometre stretch to get your heart pumping. Not only is this a fun solo or family activity, but you’ll also have access to food and beverage concessions along the way (BeaverTails too!).
- Finish off the day with a delectable meal in The Glebe, a trendy neighbourhood near the Canal that offers many options to fulfill all of your cravings.
Take a Spa DayNothing says staycation more than a nice relaxing day of wellness and self-care. Head to one of Ottawa’s many spas to get a massage and facial, or purchase a package that includes various treatments for a whole day. After hours of relaxation, you can return home feeling rejuvenated and ready to take on life again! Here are some spots you can try:
- Renu Spa (Downtown/Centretown)
- Au Naturel Spa (Kanata)
- The Spa Ottawa (Kanata)
- Holtz Spa (ByWard Market)