12 Jun Latest News from Ottawa Real Estate Market Encourages Home Sellers
The news just keeps getting better on the Ottawa real estate market.
According to the most recent data released by the Teranet-National Bank Compositve House Price Index, Canadian home prices are on the rise!
If you’re considering entering the market anytime soon as a home seller, you’ll definitely want to read today’s blog to learn more about the current state of the housing market.
Ottawa Real Estate Sales Data for You
The Teranet-National Bank House Price Index tracks resales of single-family homes all across Canada.
Here’s the latest overview of the Ottawa real estate market, based on recent data:
- Home prices increased 0.5 per cent from March to April
- Year-over-year, national home prices rose by 4.9 per cent.
- Home prices were reported to have increased in nine cities during the month of April.
- Calgary saw home prices increase 1.5 per cent.
- Home prices in the Ottawa-Gatineau region rose 0.7 per cent in April.
- Vancouver jumped 0.5 per cent.
- There were only two cities that decreased in home prices: Prices in Quebec City dropped 0.5 per cent and prices in Victoria decreased 1 per cent.
Here to Help You Sell Your Ottawa Home
Discover how the latest market activity in Canada may affect your home selling efforts specifically in Ottawa by contacting us, Geoff and Bobbie McGowan, now.
We would love to assist you by answering any home selling questions you may have as well as offering such valuable real estate resources as:
Until next time,