22 Sep July New Home Sales Steady, According to Report
Evidently, according to the latest report from industry analyst PMA Brethour Realty Group, new homes sales were steady in Ottawa during the month of July.
Despite the fact that summer was not as busy as the spring in terms of home-buying activity, sales actually were up slightly from June.
Meanwhile, for the first time since the start of the year, Mattamy Homes replaced Minto Communities on the leader board in terms of market share.
A Valuable Housing Market Update for Ottawa Buyers and Sellers
Here’s a review of recent activity on the market, according to the most recent data report:
- During the month of July, there were 320 new home sales, up 1.6 percent from June.
- During the month of June, there were 315 home sales.
- Compared to the year before, sales were down 5.9 percent, with new home sales about 340 in July 2013.
- Meanwhile, new home sales are still short of the 10-year average for the month, which is 415.
- For the year to date, home sales are at 2,431, down 1.3 per cent from the same period in 2013. During that period, home sales numbered 2,463.
- Experts give Minto the credit for a good portion of the home sales over the last several months. The builder has held between 20 and 40 percent of the market share almost every month, which is much more than the competition.
- But in July, that changed when Mattamy equaled Minto’s monthly share of about 15 percent.
Let Us Help Make Your Ottawa Home Buying Dream A Realty
Contact us, Geoff and Bobbie McGowan, today to receive invaluable home buying tips and resources, all aimed at making your Ottawa real estate expert a successful one!
Until next time,