28 Mar Ottawa Jazz Festival Tickets On Sale Now
Summertime in Ottawa means festivals. And none is more highly anticipated than the annual TD Ottawa International Jazz Festival. It is one of the National Capital Region’s premiere music events, featuring the finest jazz musicians from Canada and around the world performing in open air venues and intimate studio spaces where thousands can enjoy world class music.
Ottawa Jazz Festival Details
- The 10-day festival is held each year from late June through early July.
- Concerts take place outdoors at Confederation Park in downtown Ottawa and next to the Rideau Canal, at the National Arts Centre and other Ottawa locations
- The Festival has attracted jazz greats from across Canada and around the world, such as Herbie Hancock, Dave Brubeck, Roy Haynes, Toots Thielemans, Branford Marsalis, Sonny Rollins, Diana Krall, D.D. Jackson, Maynard Ferguson, and John Mayall since 1981 when it was started.
- The Festival hosts hundreds of performers from all around the world; 300 of the performers last year called Canada home! The Festival has attracted up to 180,000 fans.
The Music Lineup
Want to know the performers? While there are concerts that will be going on throughout the Ottawa festival area, the headline performers will be performing at the Concerts Under The Stars on the Main State in Confederation Park. The performers and the day of the festival you can catch them on stage are below:
- The Heavy – Thursday, June 20
- Dr. John & The Nite Trippers – Thursday, June 20
- Willie Nelson and Family – Friday, June 21
- Macy Gray and David Murray Big Band: Stompin’ and Singin’ the blues – Saturday, June 22
- David Byrne & St. Vincent – Sunday, June 23
- Bob James and David Sanborn, featuring Steve Gadd – Monday, June 24
- The Chucho Valdés Quintet – Tuesday, June 25
- Aretha Franklin – Wednesday, June 26
- Jason Moran’s Fats Waller Dance Party – date to be confirmed
- The Bad Plus – Friday, June 28
- Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis – Saturday, June 29
- A Special Tribute to Jacques Émond (with the Rob Frayne Dream Band, Los Gringos, and the Vic Vogel Big Band) – Sunday, June 30
The Ottawa Jazz Festival comes alive with excitement, music, food and fun-it is one event you do not want to miss!
Ottawa Jazz Festival Tickets
To order by phone call 613-241-2633 or go to http://ottawajazzfestival.com/index.php/tickets/ to buy online. Tickets are on sale now and generally sell out pretty quickly, so if you are interested in going, be sure to get your tickets early! The festival takes place June 20th through June 30th and you can see a map of the parking as well as the open air and indoor venues here: http://ottawajazzfestival.com/index.php/map/
Living In Ottawa
Want to learn more about living in Ottawa? Are you searching for Ottawa neighbourhoods with quick access to the Rideau Canal? Simply contact Realtors Bobbie and Geoff McGowan to learn more about the Ottawa Real Estate Market. I hope you get your tickets early and enjoy the amazing summer Ottawa Jazz Festival!
Until next time,