02 Sep Ottawa Real Estate Market Continues to Show Signs of Growth, Report Says
According to a recent report from the Canadian Real Estate Association, home sales are on the rise – as is the sales-to-new listings ratio.
This is fabulous news for anyone currently living in Ottawa and weighing whether to finally list their home on the market.
Why It’s a Great Time to Be a Seller
Here’s an overview of the most recent information released by the Canadian Real Estate Association:
- Home sales increase to their best pace since March 2010 during the month of June
- Sales through the Multiple Listings Service were up 0.8 percent from May.
- This increase case as sales were up in roughly half of the markets throughout Canada, with the Vancouver and Montreal areas leading the pack.
- Compared with a year ago, sales were 11.2 per cent higher. The markets with the greatest success in this category were: Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, Calgary, Toronto and Hamilton-Burlington.
- Tthe national sales-to-new listings ratio was 53.6 per cent in June, which is a slight increase from 53.2 per cent in May. Still, that’s within the range for a balanced market.
- The national average sale price increased 6.9 per cent from June 2013 at $413,215.
What This Means to You As an Ottawa Home Seller
There’s plenty of interest right now for Canadian homes for sale and home buyers are willing to pay more and more to secure their own home on the local housing market.
Thus, with the right marketing plan and an expert real estate agent working by your side, you have an opportunity to get a really great price for your property – and within a relatively short time span!
List Your Ottawa Home With Us Today!
Contact us, Geoff and Bobbie McGowan, now if you’re interested in listing your current home on the Ottawa real estate market.
We would love the opportunity to assist you by answering all of your remaining questions and helping you develop a comprehensive marketing plan. Contact us today to learn more!
Until next time,