08 Aug Market Your Ottawa Home For Sale
Ottawa Homes For Sale
In today’s housing market climate, the way you market your home on the Ottawa real estate market can either make or break your efforts to sell your home.
That’s because it’s such a competitive market right now! There are plenty of Ottawa homes listed on the market right now and if you fail to attract the attention of qualified buyers, another Ottawa home seller is sure to.
Below, we’ll provide you with several Dos and Don’ts when it comes to marketing your Ottawa real estate .
Selling Your Ottawa Property
Here are the Dos of marketing your Ottawa real estate for sale:
- Do upload plenty of photos of your home
- Do provide plenty of information about your home in order to encourage the buyer to schedule a showing
- Do provide refreshments for prospective home buyers showing your home, such as bottle water and cookies.
- Do be flexible with when agents schedule showings of your home.
- Do include buyer incentives, such as a home protection plan or a buy-down mortgage interest rate.
- Do make use of print advertising, such as in the Sunday classifieds section of the local newspaper.
And here are some Don’ts when it comes to marketing your Ottawa home:
- Don’t take pictures of your home in poor lighting and then upload them to your listing page
- Don’t take pictures of cluttered rooms that make your home look smaller than it is
- Don’t forget to include important and relevant information on your listing page
- Don’t turn down agent previews of your home since an agent is more likely to sell a home he’s previewed beforehand.
- Don’t put up obstacles to agents showing your home, such as a 24-hour notice requirement or restricted hours to show.
- Don’t forget to include a virtual tour of your home, which will help the buyer fall in love with your home before they ever step food in it.
List Your Ottawa Home for Sale Today!
We’ll tell you about the comprehensive marketing plan we provide to sellers as well as answer any questions you may have.
We also invite you to take some time to check out our various home-selling resources online, such as:
- Preparing your home for sale
- Selling your home
- Ottawa market snapshot
- Sold Ottawa homes album
- Ottawa Real Estate Resource Reports
Until next time,