Ottawa Canada Real Estate Market Report for October 2014
The housing market in Ottawa is going strong, according to the most recent real estate market statistics.
Evidently, the Ottawa Real Estate Board recently released September’s numbers that indicated that the board sold 1,133 residential properties, compared with 1,118 last year.
September’s numbers even exceeded the five-year average for the month, which is 1,103.
And that’s not the only great news that the report showed! Nearly every market indicator suggests that the housing market is bound to get stronger and stronger as time goes on!
What You Should Know About the Ottawa Real Estate Market
Here’s an overview of the current state of the housing market:
- Volume and Sales prices were stable during the month of August, as well as September
- In September, 232 condominiums were sold, along with 901 residential properties.
- The average price for a condo was $254,036.
- And the average price for a home was $383,406.
- The average condo price was down 1.2 percent from last year
- Meanwhile, the average house price was up 3.2 percent.
- The $300,000 to $399,999 range seems to have the highest concentration of sold properties, followed by the $500,000 to $749,999 range
How Can We Help You With Your Ottawa Home Sale?
We’d be glad to discuss these numbers with you frankly and answer any questions we can to help you!
Until next time,